Monday, September 1, 2014

Scrapbook Monday: Easter

Happy Monday, and Happy Labor Day! It's been a few weeks since I last posted, and there is a good reason for that....I promise. We threw Adelaide a 1st Birthday Party, and I'm so excited to share all the photos with you all. Stay tuned the next few weeks for photos and DIY ideas for your next party. 
Spoiler alert....the theme was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Stay tuned!

For now I wanted to share a few photos of some quick pages I did. I cranked these out in about an hour or so while Addie was napping. Typically I spend a lot more time planning out pages, but for these I just went where the inspiration took me. I love these Basic Grey papers in various floral patterns, and they were the perfect colors for the photos I took of Addie on Easter. I love the bright colors.

For the first page, I used several small prints, and framed them with Studio Calico frames to make them look like polaroids. 







For the second, coordinating page, I wanted to use my favorite photo as the focal piece. I printed a large format photo on 11x14 photo paper, an about a 12x6 size. I then used the same patterned papers, and layered them beneath the photo. The title is Prima fabric letters that I've been saving for a special page. With the yellow in Addie's hairband, this was the perfect one. I added some journaling about how much she loved the plastic eggs (cheapest toys ever!), and slipped it inside a little envelope. The last minute touch was the kites, as I needed a little something extra.








I typically don't like doing two-page layouts, as they never seem unique enough to me. I'm very pleased with how these turned out though. They cordite well with the papers, but they are distinct enough to stand on their own as separate pages. I have them side-by-side in Adelaide's first year album. Hopefully she'll enjoy looking through these pages in the years to come!



Hope these provided some inspiration for you tonight! Try a coordinating two-page layout, and feel free to scrap-lift these design layouts! If you do, share the results with me - I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment