Monday, October 13, 2014

Scrapbook Monday: 12 Months

Happy Monday, and happy Columbus Day! Not sure how you're supposed to celebrate Columbus Day, but I'm thoroughly enjoying my day off from the federal government! Hope you're having a lovely day as well. :)

Just wanted to share a quick scrapbook page with you. This is one that I didn't plan out a whole lot ahead of time, but it still turned out cute. I'm still trying to work on my perfectionist tendencies, and to simply go with the flow. I'm able to complete pages in much less time this way. How do you approach your pages? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments section!


For this page I used a few items from various Studio Calico kits. I love the pink feather paper - one of my favorites. I wanted to use pink and silver accents, and I think it turned out pretty cute.  :)



For the metal "XO" accent, I wasn't sure how to attach it the page, as there isn't a good backing for adhesive. I decided to use some thread. I simply pierced a hole in the photo and paper, all the way through. I placed the accent over the photo to use as a guideline for the 6 holes. Then I simply used a needle and thread from the back side, and looped over the rim once, then back through second hole. Repeat two more times and you're done. Remember that stitching and sewing are great ways to add texture and visual interest to your pages.



Thanks for stopping by! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment