Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our New Old House!!!

It's taken me longer than I'd hoped to get these initial photos up, but hopefully it's worth the wait.  :)  Instead of posting all of the initial photos, I thought it would be more fun to show the before and after shots as we continue our home renovation. Although we're not tearing down too many walls, we've already done an incredible amount of work to the house and it looks better every day.

A few of you may know that my parents came a few weeks ago to help us out. We couldn't have done the front yard or the closet in our master bedroom without them, and we are so grateful for their help. My dad worked all weekend to put up a master bedroom closet wall and french doors, and they look amazing!! Hopefully we'll get the drywall finished soon, as well as the painting. My mom helped transform the front yard and fight the ivy which  had overgrown and taken over the lawn and lamp post. We cut most of it back, replaced the lamp post, created a new garden around it, dug up the existing gardens next the house, and put in window boxes. It looks so much better! I felt like we were on one of the episodes of Curb Appeal.  :)  Take a look.....

BEFORE










Do you see the lamp post behind Justin....leaning perilously to the left?





You can see the crazy amount of ivy and how it took over the lawn. In a few minutes I'll post the "after" photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment