Friday, July 20, 2012

Vintage Industrial, Rustic DIY Projects

I've been busy trying to complete a million projects for the house, and I'm not even close to being done.  ;)  I thought I'd share a few updates with you all though.

The first is the old, vintage window I bought from a flea market in May. One side has the original glass, the other has chicken wire - I love it!

 

I added some photos with mini clothespins, and used a chalkboard marker to write a quote on the glass. 




Also in the living room, I used a vintage explosives crate to hold shoes by the front door. Justin is always complaining that my shoes are lying around, so I decided to make something to house them. I found the Atlas Powder crate at the Fredericksburg Flea Market (along with the one I converted into the coffee table), and of course I couldn't pass it up! 

I added a few coats of polyurethane and some casters I purchased at Lowes, and voila!



On the other side of the front door I have a wall devoted to vintage industrial, and rustic wall art. I've picked up several things from flea markets, and a few from Hobby Lobby. Also, I got a vintage cash register key (.08) and a photo of a rusty cash register from Etsy. I still need to find one more small item for the left side, and a few trinkets to put in the shelves. The shelves are small ruler boxes I got from Hobby Lobby for $5 total! I added some picture hangers to the back, then hung them on the wall. 





No comments:

Post a Comment