Tuesday, May 28, 2013

26 Weeks and Counting...

We've now made it past the 26-week mark, about 2/3 of the way through!! Less than 100 days until the due date now.  :)

I've been feeling kicks and punches, and some hiccups, numerous times a day. A few of them are a little painful ;)

So far things are progressing normally, and everyone is healthy. Such a relief! No more ultrasounds at this point, but I have a few more belly shots.

The 18-week photo was taken on Easter.


My parents graciously drove out to Virginia to bring us some furniture and baby items donated by my big sister (absolutely a life saver!!!). They were also kind enough to help us with some house projects, including the nursery and our stairs. My mom did an AMAZING job sanding and finishing the wood stairs up to our bedroom, which had previously been covered by carpet. While they aren't supposed to be finished wood stairs, she sanded them down and stained them a dark brown to match our flooring upstairs. It made such a difference - they're beautiful. And she helped add a hand rail in a matching stain, which was much needed.

My dad helped us add a wainscotting wall treatment to the nursery, after removing the old floorboard heaters which haven't been used in years. He was an incredible help! We couldn't have done it without him. I'm still working on the last coats of paint, but when it's finished I'll post the before and after shots.

They happened to be here during my 22-week mark, so they're in my belly photo with me. You can now see the wall color of the nursery (mint green) in the background, which we painted before they arrived, as well as the start of the wall treatment.


Last, but not least, is this past weekend's photo at the 26-week mark (Memorial Day). Come Labor Day and hopefully we'll have met our little one! In case you can't tell from the photos...my belly popped out at around 24 weeks....pretty much looks like a soccer ball now.  ;)


At 26 weeks our little one is about 14-15 inches in length, and about 1.7 pounds. He/she will be packing on the baby fat in the next three months.  :)

This weekend is the baby shower that my sister is graciously hosting, and I couldn't be more excited to see all the lovely women in my life. My sister made the most adorable invitations, with a little bendable carnival strong man - too cute! I'm excited to see what other crafty goodness she has in store. 

My husband on the other hand, will be on the beach in Aruba without his pregnant wife....most likely enjoying himself and the fact that I'm not there to hold him back.  ;)  He's going with his law firm for their yearly vacation, and unfortunately we didn't feel comfortable with me going at this point in the pregnancy. Hope he enjoys his solo trip...I know I'll be enjoying the shower!  ;)

Hope you're all having a lovely week! I'll post new photos soon. Keep in touch!


No comments:

Post a Comment