Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mother's Day with my Little Angel

I hope all of you mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know I'm a little late in saying this, but I'm just now getting around to posting photos from our special day. For my first Mother's Day, all I wanted was to spend time with my lovely daughter and husband, and a picnic sounded perfect. It was our first family picnic, and we loved it. It was gorgeous outside, and we were able to pick up some takeout at one of our favorite restaurants downtown and walk to the park. We used the quilt my grandmother made me years ago for my graduation, which I always keep on hand for family outings. 



Addie wore her polka dot dress (the collar reminds me of the Queen of Hearts), and she had an amazing time. So much for her to look at, and she loved crawling around on the blanket. I only wish she could have run around in the grass...one day soon though. 



She's been saying "mama" a lot lately, but she said it many times during that picnic, and I'd like to think she was trying to say "Happy Mama's Day". It's these little moments that we need to remember...that we need to strive to have more often. 


I dare say it was the perfect day, capped off with some Oreo ice-cream from the local shop downtown. What more could a mama ask for?


Hope you all had an amazing day with your families as well! Pretty soon it will be father's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment