Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sorry for the delay....


It's been months since my last post, and I sincerely apologize for that! I got very ill during my second pregnancy; then my little one came a month earlier than expected. Fortunately she is happy and healthy, and just turned four months old this week. Kyleen (Kylie) Elizabeth McLeod has brought more joy and happiness to our lives than I thought possible. It is so rewarding to see Adelaide interact with her as her big sister. She absolutely adores her baby sister, who she nicknamed "sissy". She always wants to help me take care of her. Just tonight when Kylie was crying, she ran into the room saying "I check on Kylie", then asks her "what's matter?" Kylie couldn't ask for a better big sister.





Now with a toddler and a baby, one of us always seems to be sick. This has been hard for me as I've had to call out of work often, and haven't been able to spend as much time on my Etsy business. I'm hoping that things will get a bit easier over the next few months. For now, I'm just trying to survive. 


I try to remind myself of my new mantra, courtesy of Chip & JoJo's shop, Magnolia Market. I bought one of their metal signs to hang in our dining room (photos to come soon), that reads "Let whatever you do today be enough". I absolutely love this saying. I try to remind myself on a daily basis that I can't do everything; can't be perfect at everything. Whether I spend the day with the girls just playing; whether I spend time cleaning the house; or whether I take a few minutes to myself to scrapbook - I have to remember, "Let whatever you do today be enough". There will never be enough hours in the day to get everything done that I'd like with two kids, but whatever I do manage to accomplish each day will have to be enough. After all, they're only little once.....







No comments:

Post a Comment