Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Blush Pink and Gold Baby Deer (Fawn) Girl's Nursery and Matching Baby Shower Invitation

Hope you're having a lovely week! I'm so excited to share photos of my daughter's nursery today! I've been meaning to post these for months....but alas, life with a baby and toddler has been a bit more time consuming than expected. Surprise, surprise!

For my daughter's room, I wanted to do a blush pink and gold color scheme, with a baby deer (fawn) theme. I love the way it turned out, and hope you do as well! Just one warning...there are a lot of photos to follow!

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines


The picture below is of my original design mood board, with the color scheme and theme. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

I couldn't decide if I wanted the walls to be white or blush pink. I had to prime the walls white first, and after doing so, realized it would have been too much white with all of the white furniture in the room. So I decided to go with blush pink. I chose a very light pink, with hints of peach to it. I used Crystal Pink by Valspar from Lowes.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

For the walls, I used gold circle decals and placed them randomly along the ceiling, as if they are falling like confetti. I used my Silhouette die cutting machine to cut out circles from gold adhesive foil. Although it isn't meant to be used as a wall decal, it has held up pretty well. Our walls are plaster with texture, so the edges on some have come up, but after six months they are all still on the walls. I decided to make them myself because I wanted a custom size. The 1-inch decals I'd seen were too small, and the 2-inch were too large. So I made mine about 1.5 inches in diameter. I tried using a circle hand punch with the gold foil, but it was too thick to cut through. The blade of the Silhouette was needed, and it was easy to cut numerous circles.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

The focal point of the room is the deer bust, with gold antlers, which I placed above the crib. My mother-in-law just happened to have a ceramic deer head, which is exactly what I was looking for! It was meant to be! It was originally off-white, and chippy - not exactly the look I was going for. So, I removed the chipped paint, and spray painted it a bright white. For the antlers, I used a gold metallic spray paint. To paint only the antlers, I improvised. I used a gallon-sized plastic ziploc bag, and cut off one of the corners. Then I slipped the hole over one of the antlers, covering the other antler and the head as much as possible with the bag. Then I spray painted the antler. After letting that dry, I did the other antler. I couldn't get all the way to the end of the antler, so to make a clean line with the paint, I decided to use a brush for the final touches. I used a small ziploc bag, put the nozzle of the spray can into it, and sprayed a little bit of paint. Then I dipped a small artists brush in the paint, and painted the bottom of the antler near the ears. It worked great. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines


Right below the deer head, I decided to use tissue tassels in blush, cream and gold colors. They are hung using twine. I put two nails in the wall, and tied each side to a nail. To hide the nails, I used clothespins. This makes it look like they are hung using pins.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

For the clothespins, I bought cheap mini clothespins from Hobby Lobby, added Glossy Accents to one side, then added gold glitter and let them dry. Easy way to dress up some basic pins. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

For the crib bedding, I went with Michael Miller Glitz fabrics. I decided on blush pink and gold chevron for the crib skirt, and purchased two crib sheets - one with white and gold polka dots, and one with blush pink and gold polka dots. Having two crib sheets allows one to be washed while you're using the other. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

The rocking chair was made by my great grand-father in the late 1800's/early 1900's. It's amazing that it is still in such great shape. I found an adorable baby deer pillow in blush pink to use as the back cushion. I found the cream and gold foot rest at an antique shop near our house. It is meant to be a vanity stool, but works perfectly as a foot stool. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

Above the rocking chair, I decided to do a custom name banner. I found some white and gold confetti cardboard pennants at Target that fit my theme perfectly! I added some large, gold, alphabet stickers to spell out my daughter's first and middle names. I used light pink twine to hang the banners, one above the other. Again, I simply used small nails and tied the ends to each nail.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

For artwork near the rocking chair, I used two white frames from Michaels. The one on the left has an adorable deer print I got from Etsy.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

I made the art on the right using scrapbook supplies, and again wanted to highlight her name. I found the perfect deer sticker at Michaels that I wanted to use. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines

The small white table is from Wayfair (no longer available), and the gold lamp is from Target. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

I found a vintage wire basket from an antique shop that was the perfect size for the bottom shelf. It now has Kylie's board books stacked in it.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains wire book basket

Near the changing table, is my favorite part of the room. The white shelf made from antique corbels and an old door. it has a few hooks on the bottom as well, which I use to hang her pink and gold baby blanket that I put on the floor with her toys so she can play. It also has some gold glitter feathers (Christmas ornaments) and a small jar hanging from one hook. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

On the shelf, I have a display with a few gold glitter deer (technically Christmas decorations), glass apothecary jars filled with potpourri, a gold polka dot jar, a black vase filled with gold glitter loops, and some light pink metal pails. Above the shelf is an adorable "hello LOVE" sign I found at Hobby Lobby. I love this little corner!

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

Below the shelf is an incredible fabric wall decal, with a mother and baby deer. Absolutely love this little touch. It was easy to put on, and looks even better in person!

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

The changing table is an old dresser that was painted white. The top of the table has various white and gold containers for all of Kylie's necessities, including a small deer antler box from Hobby Lobby. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

The changing pad is contoured, and I found two adorable covers on Etsy - one with gold confetti mimicking the wall decals, the other with an adorable fawn design.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

Above the changing table I created a gallery wall with various fawn images, and gold and white frames. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

The gold wire heart and black "hello" are both from Hobby Lobby. For the gold glitter letter "K", I bought a cheap white wooden letter. I then added a layer of Glossy Accents, and champagne gold glass glitter. Shake off any extra glitter, let dry, and voila! Custom letter in the color of your choice.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains

I created the "Oh Deer" print, and the gold glitter deer print using photoshop. I may offer them in my Etsy shop soon, so let me know if you're interested in one of the designs.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains glitter letter

The two hand-painted deer prints are from Etsy. The glitter "dream bigger" print is actually a greeting card. Remember to look outside the box for home decor. Greeting cards and Christmas decorations can easily be used as wall decor. I also used some scrabble tiles on the wall. I cut 3M wall adhesive (that comes with the 3M hooks) to fit the back of each tile, and simply adhered to the wall. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains glitter letter

The "love is sweet" frame is made using scrapbook supplies. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains glitter letter

Above the door is an adorable baby deer clock I found on Etsy. You can get it in various stains, but I decided to leave it with the raw look, as it was the closest option to my color scheme. The location of the clock is perfect, as it is directly across the room from the rocking chair, so I can see it when I'm rocking Kylie to sleep.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains glitter letter clock wood

What nursery would be complete without some storage for toys? I repurposed an old cube shelf I had in another room. I found some wire bins that were the perfect size at Target, but they were the wrong colors. So....I pulled out my trusty gold spray painted, and simply painted them to match. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains toy cubby cube shelf

On top of the shelf is a gorgeous white picking basket from Magnolia Market, that now holds Kylie's stuffed animals - mostly deers of course!

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains toy cubby cube shelf stuffed animal basket

For the curtains, I had a horrible time trying to find some curtains that were tall enough (90+ inches), and in the colors I wanted. All of the pink curtains I could find had too much purple in the color. And I didn't want plain white ones. So...I decided to make them myself. I found gorgeous fabric at Hobby Lobby - white with little gold polka dots. Perfect for my theme, and the dots are small enough that it doesn't look too busy. For the pull backs, again, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I bought black metal tie backs, and spray painted them gold. 

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains toy cubby cube shelf stuffed animal basket

The rug is from the Land of Nod. I have to say I was very disappointed in the color. It is shown as a peach-pink color online, but came in mauve-purple tones. I didn't want to have to pay to ship it back, so I ended up keeping it.

The trash can we use is the 11-gallon Knodd bin from Ikea. It comes with a lid, and perfectly fits a standard trash bag. The handles were silver, however, so I simply spray painted them gold, then re-attached them. If you find something for your room that works other than the color, just remember that most things can be painted to suit your color choice.

blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains toy cubby cube shelf stuffed animal basket white changing table

Hope you've enjoyed the blush pink and gold baby deer nursery tour, as much as our little Kylie enjoys sleeping in it. ;)


blush pink and gold baby girl nursery baby deer spotted fawn bambi chic sweet soft light pink deer bust metallic gold confetti wall decal banner custom name white changing table fabric decal gallery wall art print antlers wood wooden bust tissue tassel garland antique mood board design crib sheets bedding changing pad cover boppy pillow case figurines polk dots curtains crib chevron metallic crib skirt

(And don't worry, I don't let her sleep in the crib with stuffed animals - it was just for the photos!)

-----

I also wanted to share a baby shower invitation design with you today. Kylie's nursery was the inspiration behind the design.

Gold Glitter Confetti and Deer Custom Baby Shower Invitation - Fawn Bambi Sprinkles Dots Blush Pink White Modern Girl Sparkle Digital DIY metallic matching back side polka dots silhouette chic soft blush light pink white

It is available with a blush pink or white background, and features gold glitter confetti falling from the top, and a gold glitter baby deer (fawn).  

Gold Glitter Confetti and Deer Custom Baby Shower Invitation - Fawn Bambi Sprinkles Dots Blush Pink White Modern Girl Sparkle Digital DIY metallic matching back side polka dots silhouette chic soft blush light pink white

It also comes with an optional matching back side design, with gold glitter polka dots.

Gold Glitter Confetti and Deer Custom Baby Shower Invitation - Fawn Bambi Sprinkles Dots Blush Pink White Modern Girl Sparkle Digital DIY metallic matching back side polka dots silhouette chic soft blush light pink white

Gold Glitter Confetti and Deer Custom Baby Shower Invitation - Fawn Bambi Sprinkles Dots Blush Pink White Modern Girl Sparkle Digital DIY metallic matching back side polka dots silhouette chic soft blush light pink white

You can find these baby shower invitations in my Etsy shop here.

-----

For items seen in the blush pink and gold baby deer nursery above, please see links below. As always, remember that you can use these items both as baby shower decorations and as nursery decor. And if you have a loved one having a shower, consider one of these items as a baby shower gift, for the mommy-to-be to use in her little one's nursery. 


Deer Fawn Watercolor Painting Giclee Print 5x7 Nursery Art baby girl boy bambi hand painted wall art 5x7 brown beige sweet cute

Deer Fawn Watercolor Painting Giclee Print 5x7 Nursery Art baby girl boy bambi hand painted wall art 5x7 brown beige sweet cute

Watercolor Deer Fawn Prints
Love these little deer prints, and they shipped really fast.


Toy Deer Photography, Kissing Deer , Baby Nursery, Love Is In The Air, Home Decor, Fine Art, 8x8, 8x10 inches - "Let's Meet In The Middle" fawn bokeh hearts blush pink gold green vintage sweet cute baby girl wall art

Toy Kissing Deer Photograph
Such a cute photo of some toy deer. I love the bokeh hearts effect.


Little Fawn in Pink, Pillow Slip Cushion Cover, Forest Creature Woodland Fauna Deer | Made to Order baby girl nursery chair cushion

Pink Fawn Pillow Cover
This sweet little pillow cover has a light pink color to the front, and a linen back side. The image isn't super crisp, but it's adorable nonetheless.


Little Fawn + Butterflies Wall Decal ( removable self-adhesive fabric wall sticker ) wall art spotted deer fawn beige brown nursery girl boy baby kids room decor decoration

Fabric Fawn Wall Decal
Although I don't see the mother and fawn decal in the shop anymore, you can find this cute little fawn decal with butterflies.


Blush and Gold Polka Dot Baby Blanket - Very Light Pink and Metallic Gold Polka Dot - Toddler Blanket - Minky Backed nursery girl white Michael Miller Glitz floor

Blush and Gold Polka Dot Baby Blanket
We love this baby blanket. It's the perfect size to lay on the floor with some toys, so Kylie can roll around and play. The back side is a soft minky material.


Baby Bedding Crib Bedding - Fawn Deer Forest Leaves fabric contoured changing pad cover forest leaves flowers spotted bambi nursery girl pink gold brown beige

Fawn Changing Pad Cover
Love, love, love this fawn fabric! And the colors are soft and perfect for a blush pink and gold nursery. The cover fits a contoured changing pad perfectly.


Wooden wall clock - "Baby Deer" nursery wall art girl wood fawn bambi

Wooden Baby Deer Wall Clock
from LaserCust
Although the clock I purchased is no longer available, here is a similar one from another shop. Love the spots near the tail!



Gold Polka Dot Crib Sheet
from isewjo
Although the crib sheet with large metallic gold polka dots isn't available anymore, you can find this one with small polka dots. Love how neutral it looks with the smaller dots. 


Boppy Cover - Metallic Gold Confetti Dots, White, Michael Miller Glitz

Gold Confetti Boppy Cover
We love this boppy cover - fits perfectly and the confetti dots match Kylie's nursery.


Changing Pad Cover - Metallic Gold Confetti Dots, White, Michael Miller Glitz baby girl nursery

Gold Confetti Changing Pad Cover
This changing pad cover fits a contoured pad, and looks adorable.


3-sided Michael Miller Glitz Chevron Pearlized Blush, Pink and Gold - Crib Skirt adjustable ribbon baby girl nursery chic

3-Sided Blush Pink and Gold Chevron Crib Skirt
We got the adjustable length crib skirt, which you can adjust with the height of the crib mattress.


Crib Sheets ~ Light Pink with Gold Dots, Michael Miller Glitz blush baby girl nursery bedding chic sweet

Pink and Gold Polka Dots Crib Sheet
The pink of this sheet is a soft blush color, and the sheet fits perfectly.

Tissue tassel garland blush, antique white and vintage gold tissue paper tassel // birthday // wedding // baby shower nursery baby girl chic soft
Blush and Gold Tissue Tassle Garland
from PomJoyFun
The soft colors of this tissue garland are gorgeous.


baby deer doll stuffed animal brown beige bambi baby girl nursery plush stripes

Baby Deer Doll
Last but not least, this adorable deer doll has her eye open on one side, and the other closed. It's soft and cuddly, and adorable.

----

Hope you've enjoyed the blush pink and gold baby deer nursery and matching baby shower invitations. If you'd like a custom invitation design, please let me know. You can find the fawn baby shower invitations in my Etsy shop here.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful nursery! I absolutely love it. So glad your were able to incorporate my watercolors into the design. It came together beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! Great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top post. I look forward to reading more. Cheers
    cotton sheets

    ReplyDelete