Monday, July 11, 2016

Scrapbook Monday: My Two Girls

Happy Monday! Thought I'd share a few scrapbook pages I did awhile back of my girls.

Adorable


I love the way this one turned out! Each year we go to the Outerbanks, NC, for our anniversary. This past year, I was VERY pregnant, and Addie went along with us. It wasn't the most relaxing trip, but we enjoyed it nonetheless.



For the bottom, I used some strips of paper, which I stiched along.


For the title, I used a vellum word, with a piece of scalloped polka dot paper behind, which I stitched across. For the journaling I planned out where I wanted it on the page and measured to each edge accordingly. I then type it in photoshop, placed it on a 12x12 grid where I wanted it, then printed. This was all done on plain white card stock before adding any of the embellishments or photos.



Happy Moments


Not the best photos of the page - doesn't do it justice. But you get the idea. These are photos of my daughter's first time making rice crispy treats! She liked making them more than eating them.  ;)


For the journaling, I printed it on card stock, cut it into strips, then adhered to the page.


For the overall design, I cut triangles from various papers, saving the largest for last.




My Heart is Full


I love the simplicity of this layout, using a grid-like design. I made a photo-strip with three photos in photoshop, then cut three pieces of patterned papers approximately the same width as each photo.



I used some mini staples to adhere the clear "LOVE" title. 


I used some paper flowers on either side of the title, and on the center piece of paper.




My Girls


Love, love, love these photos of my two girls. It was a quiet weekend morning, with Addie still in her jambes. I decided to throw a white blanket on the floor and take some photos of them interacting. Bonus: theirs clothes are similar colors!


Again, I typed out my journaling in photoshop ahead of time, and printed on the card stock before adding any embellishments or photos. I left room in the center for the title I knew I wanted to highlight with thickers.


I added various embellishments "spilling" out from behind the photo.



Saturday Ritual


Every Saturday, pretty much without fail, we go to Barnes & Noble to let Addie play with the legos, train table, toys, read books, etc. It has a special place in our hearts as it is where my husband and I met, when we worked at the location in Fort Worth, which sadly is now gone. It seemed fitting to design a page documenting this ritual. 


Since the rest of the layout was a generic square grid, I decided to make the title a bit more interesting, by creating a wave to it.


Seems to be a common theme, but again I planned out where I wanted the text beforehand, measuring from top-to-bottom and the sides, typed in photoshop, and printed on white card stock. Then I laid out all of my photos and embellishments and started adding each.


For the paper flowers, I attached them with mini staples.


I added some book-related embellishments along with "B&N" to the top corner. The top strips of paper were also stitched with a zig-zag pattern.



Family of Four


Not my favorite photos, but thought I'd scrapbook them anyways, as it was one of the first family photos we had taken. These were at a friend's wedding celebration.


I used a fast & simple design with strips of paper across the bottom, and added some white doilies and pink stars.



Hope you've enjoyed some of these pages, and that they've given you a bit of inspiration!                   Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment