Monday, February 17, 2014

Scrapbook Monday: Two Weeks Old


I was finally able to get a few scrapbook pages done while Addie was taking a nap. I had been browsing some blogs from my favorite scrapbook designers and felt a rare surge of creativity.

I always suffer from the feeling that the final page won't be perfect - won't look the way I'd hoped. My resolution for this year is to put that fear aside, and simply scrapbook. Whatever makes it onto the page is a reflection of my thoughts and creativity at the time, and there is nothing wrong with that. After all...I can always re-print the photos later and start over if for some reason I hate the final page.

I took some posed photos of Addie when she was about two weeks old, using some photo backdrops I got from Etsy and some props I'd accumulated along the way. {For details on the backdrops, see this post.} I finally had a chance to scrapbook some of my favorites. Here is one of the final pages.

TWO WEEKS OLD:






Supplies: My Minds Eye, October Afternoon,
Crate Paper, Basic Grey & others

I used a large scalloped punch to punch three circles on the right side of a piece of dark grey card stock. Then I cut three pieces of paper in squares just larger than the circles, and added them to the back so they would show through. I added some stickers, a "hello" brad, teal ribbon and crepe paper trim, and lots of zig-zag stitching using my sewing machine. Machine stitching is one of my favorite ways to add texture to a page.

Hope you enjoy, and hope you can use the layout as an inspiration for your next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment